"On a side note, I love that you had From The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, but hate that you haven't read it! That was one of my favorite books as a child and I remember reading it over and over again."
This brought me to think about all the other books I didn't read while I was a child. Instead of perusing those classics everyone has read, I was reading Junie B Jones and Horrible Harry. Not that there's anything wrong with those two books but it's a shame I missed out on so much! So I decided it was finally time to get around to the childhood classics I missed out on.
(Excuse the bad graphic please! I had NO idea where to put the 'read-a-thon'!)
Starting this month, I will be making my way around the following list of children's books. No time is set for when to finish each book but I plan on finishing EVERY book by the end of June. And if you're interested in reading with me, feel free to join!
1. From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankenweiler by EL Konigsburg
2. The Ramona Quimby series by Beverley Cleary
3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
4. The Time Quintet series by Madeleine L'Engle
5. The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis
6. The Princess Bride by William Goldman
7. The Giver by Lois Lowry
8. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
9. Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
10. The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
11. The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
12. The Holes series by Louis Sachar
13. The Island of the Blue Dolphins series by Scott O'Dell
14. The Tales of Magic series by Edward Eager
15. The View from Saturday by EL Konigsburg
16. Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater
17. The Betsy Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace
18. Ginger Pye by Eleanor Estes
19. The Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
20. My Father's Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett