Monday, September 23, 2013

A Short Note Regarding Goodreads

Lately, there has been some controversy surrounding Goodreads latest announcement, detailing a change of their guidelines. I'm not going to get into the specifics or talk in-depth about my stance on this. As I said in the title, this is a short notice.

I'm not sure if any of you have been following my reviews on Goodreads but just to say that I will no longer be linking my reviews to Goodreads. And that means that I will be deleting prior reviews from Goodreads as well.

Sincere apologies to anyone following me through Goodreads but I hope you'll find it in your interest to hop on over to Random Reads and follow me here!

4 comments :

  1. People should just follow blogs instead. How are you ever going to find reviews will the updates from other people's stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right. There's so much other stuff to blogs than just reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing that you have made a firm decision on this one, Annie. I'm still floating in Limbo trying to decide whether to transfer or not. I am not one to welcome changes in my life that easy so I still need to think a lot more.


    Good luck on your new bookish home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, to be honest, I'm still as unsure as you are but I think I'm going to stay on Goodreads. There isn't another website out there as great as it is and while this entire situation makes me rather upset, I don't think it's enough for me to move. Sorry for the confusion! And changes suck because I never quite know how to deal with them so I understand the need to think more. Unfortunately, we don't always get that opportunity, do we?

    ReplyDelete