Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Reflect & Renew: July 2013

Hello readers! Say hi to Reflect and Renew which you will be seeing around here at the end of each month. Inspired by Monthly Rewind at the Perpetual Page Turner. Enjoy! :)


Lately, I've been a bit down in the dumps so I've decided to take some time off from blogging crazily like I did for the past week. Seriously, I don't understand how some people can blog every day ALL YEAR ROUND. Kudos to you because I cracked after a week. I'm still going to be posting reviews of books I've read but I think all the discussions and features and of course, the Book Blogger Challenge will have to wait. I still haven't made up my mind to continue with the Blogger Challenge or not so I can't tell you too much about that.

I think I really needed this time off because I've been pushing myself really hard this month and it's been exhausting. I love this blog and all of you guys but sometimes, you just have too much on your plate and you need to call stop. But even though this blog has been inactive for the past few days, my Tumblr is still going steady and I'm trying to update my Twitter more often as well so you can chat me there. And also, I have a super-secret project I've been working on that I'm really excited about. I can't wait to tell you! But you'll just have to wait! :)


REVIEWS:

BOOKS NEXT UP ON MY TBR LIST:
The Curse of the Wendigo by Rick Yancey
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
The Summer of Firsts and Lasts by Terra Elan McVoy
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
Somebody Hates You Up There by Hollis Seamon
Seven Deadlies by Gigi Levangie Grazer
Winger by Andrew Smith


MOST MEMORABLE EVENTS:
Visiting the art gallery -- I loved the contemporary art exhibit and the interactive rooms!
Watching Despicable Me 2! It was so funny!
Going to Stratford and seeing Blithe Spirit!
Walking through an outdoor festival and buying the cutest button pin EVER!
Discovering the best croissants ever.
Spending a very hot day in a very hot car driving around a very hot park
Buying the CUTEST shirts known to man -- not joking.
The 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge!
And having fun with my friends!


MOST PLAYED SONG:

Royals - Lorde


THINGS I CAN'T WAIT FOR IN AUGUST:
Being in the live audience for an episode of The Next Star!
Visiting the amusement park with my friends - again!
Hitting up tons of festivals
Volunteering at the local daycare and the library!
Getting ready to go back to school!


AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE:
As a typography lover myself, I was ecstatic to come upon Debby's post on cover typography.
Brittany has written a great post on commitment (it's even greater because it includes New Girl gifs!). This is a great idea and I'm looking to trying this out in August! I miss that freedom I had before!
I love this article explaining literary techniques using Disney movies! So useful and nostalgic!
This is why I love Random Rantings over at Book Rock Betty. Seriously, every time I see that phrase pop up, I know I'm in for a treat!
Speaking of a treat, check out these ice cream/book pairings! Elena sure knows how to get my mouth watering!
After being inspired by blogging boards on Pinterest (yay! I'm not the only one who does this!), April created this amazing challenge for book bloggers! Go check it out!
I thought I was the only one who went through this! Reem talks about rating a book you know is good but just not feeling.
How do you tell that you're a book blogger? Bec gives us some examples!
Reem makes a second appearance with a great list of survival tips for fictional characters.
Mel shares a great guide to buying eReaders. I definitely needed this!


That's all, see you next month! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment