Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My Bookish Confessions Part 2


So here's part two of my Bookish Confessions series. You guys already know what you're here for so I'll stop talking and cut straight to the chase.


1. I like to write my review as soon after I've finished the book as possible.
Sure, I take notes as I read but no matter what I do, the words always come easier to me when I've just finished the book.


2. I never schedule my posts.
Well, unless you count doing Top Ten Tuesdays on Tuesday, then I might have to reconsider. But no, I don't schedule my posts at all. I kind of just go with the flow. I have reviews up after I've finished a book I think is appropriate to review and beyond that, I simply write whatever I think my blog is needing. For example, if I haven't done a Seeing Double in a while, I'll make it a point to throw one in in the future.


3. I'm not afraid to dog-ear funny pages in certain books.
I know some people don't like dog-earing but I'm all for it...in certain books. If it's a ratty book that I read from time to time for enjoyment (like my copy of The Undomestic Goddess), then you can't hold me back from folding down a couple corners to mark some laugh-out-loud moments. But if it's a sleek new copy of The 5th Wave, say, (which I snatched up yesterday!) then you can bet there ain't going to be any folding going on here!


4. Nor am I afraid to write in my books.
This goes mostly for all the classics I own and have read. They're much harder for me to digest so occasionally, I'll mark down my thoughts in the margins. I can flip back later and see all my deep thoughts.

5. I don't organize my books.
Not that I even have enough books to create an entire library system but nevertheless, I am not one to organize my books. Not by author or title - heck, my books aren't even all on the bookshelf! They're all scattered around my home which can be annoying when I'm searching for a particular book and just can't find it. At times, it'll be rather funny when all of the sudden, I'm brushing my teeth and I notice my old copy of the Philosopher's Stone on the counter. But over the weekend, I managed to rally up all my books and place them back onto the bookshelf. Unfortunately, I haven't made the effort to at least put them nicely on the shelf yet so my bookshelf is looking like this:



I think I've run out of confessions as of now but if you have ones you would like to share, don't hesitate to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you! :)

5 comments :

  1. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only blogger who doesn't schedule their posts! I usually just write them the day I need to post them.

    I usually wait awhile after reading the book before I write my review, though. For me, I like to take a step back and think about the book for a bit before I try to put my feelings about it into words. Sometimes I finish a book thinking that I'm in love with it and it's the best book I've ever read, but then a few days later I realize that I didn't love it nearly as much as I thought I did. So I definitely like to give myself time to really think about the book before I write a review.

    Great post! It's so interesting to learn about different book bloggers' habits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha guess I'm less organized than you are!! I don't write review immediately after reading a book, unless it's those kind of books that broke my heart and gave me ALL THE FEELS, or else I'll let things settle a bit before I make my judgement. From the past year of blogging, I realized that some books are slow-burn books, and I'll try to take some time after reading to process my thoughts and feelings, and it does makes a difference to my perspective of the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with 1 & 2! If I don't write a review immediately (or at least the next day) I find that I don't have quite as much to say about the book as I would have otherwise. I don't schedule, either - if I have an idea for a discussion post, I just write it out. But if nothing is coming to me, I just don't do them. My favorite meme is Top Ten Tuesday, definitely - lists are so much fun. I have to admit, Annie, that 3-5 of you confessions absolutely horrify me, lol. But that's okay. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lists too but I've found Top Ten Tuesday to be a bit too much for me lately so I've slacked off on them. I noticed some really interesting topics this summer so I'm excited to get started on them.


    I can understand how 3-5 would horrify you! I'm a bit lax with some of the older and worn books I own but I really try to keep my nicer books in their good condition as long as I can (which is never long enough). My mum has been pushing me about my books for a long time now so I'm making sure organizing my books is on the top of my summer to-do list.


    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Glad to find someone else who doesn't organize. I'm not feeling so weird any more!


    And sincerest apologies for my delayed response! I found your comment in spam today as I was checking my Disqus and my heart jumped when I saw it was from a month ago. I really need to get better at moderating - and not just waiting for emails! So sorry, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete