Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Bookish Confessions Part 1



Here's to letting you know that I'm still alive! While I may not be posting every week now, I'm still constantly checking my feed and lately, I've been noticing a trend in confession posts. And because I am a very trendy person, I will be hopping on the bandwagon today with my edition of Bookish Confessions. Let's get started!


1. I prefer paperbacks over hardcovers.
No matter how much I love dust covers, I have to say I'm on Team Paperback. Sure, my covers get crinkled but there's a certain aura of awesomeness to a book that appears read. Paperbacks are also much cheaper which is always a plus when you're a bookaholic.

2. I prefer borrowing books over buying.
That is a lie. I don't acutally prefer borrowing over buying, I just make myself borrow books. Because when I'm let out in a bookstore, I go full out. I'll buy stupid looking books that I'm not even interested in, simply for the sake of buying a book. Which is why, in order to save my money from being spent on books I don't want to read, I borrow most of my books. With the exception of some books I just have to have. Y'all get me, right?

3. Music always has to be playing as I'm updating my blog.
Music is basically a must for anything I'm doing surrounding a computer. There's something calming about having some background noise (even if it's Call Me Maybe) while I'm typing away. It helps get my creative juices flowing. Writing reviews with music in the background is a thousand times easier than writing one without.

4. I never read over my posts.
It's not that I don't care enough about this blog to make it picture perfect, it's simply the fact that I want my voice to be as authentic as possible. And while I'm all for correcting spelling or grammatical errors is dandy, I find myself deleting whole lines of my posts when I do reread. I'm a born perfectionist and it would take me ages if I were to make every post as perfect as I would like them to be. I would never get any content out ever if I did that. Most of all though, my blog is my comfort-zone and that means being me without shame that people will judge me if I am super wacky and crazy sometimes.

5. I always write my reviews in one sitting.
I read a lot of books and it's easy for storylines to get muddled in my brain (My book blog was partially started to prevent this). After I've finished a book is when I have the clearest opinion on the book and I want to get all that out before they slip away. Which is why I write all my reviews in one sitting.


What about you? What are some of your bookish quirks? Let me know in the comments! And stay tuned for Part 2!

2 comments :

  1. Rachel @ Read. Write. Ramble.Tuesday, June 25, 2013

    I prefer paperbacks, too! They're cheaper, and way easier to carry around in a purse or bag. Also, I kind of like having them a little bent and worn. They look like they've been read!

    After I write a blog post, I usually go back and read through it once just to check for spelling errors and stuff, but after that I post it right away. I agree with you about it feeling more authentic. I don't want to be tempted to change everything I've written because I want it to sound better.

    (Also, sorry to bombard you with comments, but I'm catching up on a ton of blog posts I've missed! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when books look read because in my opinion, a book that is read is loved!


    The funny thing is that I make tons of mistakes while I'm typing so you'd think that would motivate me to read it through at least once to make sure everything flows well but I don't. I suppose it's nice to write and not care about getting a good mark. I mean, I do it practically all year at school anyway!


    Thanks for stopping by, Rachel! :) And happy summer!

    ReplyDelete