Saturday, March 23, 2013

The End of Google Reader

For  those who use Google Reader to keep track of their blog subscriptions, I am sure you have already recieved this bit of news: Google Reader is officially shutting down. Now, I don't know about you, but I generally prefer to get an email subscription, simply because of the convenience. I can check the personal emails I get while checking my book blog updates. No need for an extra tab!

But even though I don't use my Reader often, I kind of loved it for keeping me updated with blogs that I read that DON'T have an email subscription option available. Or ones with feeds that don't work. Without Google Reader, I'm not sure how I was going to keep on top of all that. It's like they say: you never know what you have until it's gone. I certainly didn't notice how useful Reader was until now, right when it's about to go bye-bye!

I was faced with the hard decision of picking another blog reader to support all my blogs. There are so many out there, but finding a really good one? That's really tough. But, I've been poking around some of my favourite blogs and I found this great article from Radiant Shadows giving a run down on all the different substitutes for Google Reader.

After reading it, I decided to go with Bloglovin. It was the most appealing to me and after poking around a bit more on the Internet, I was convinced to make the switch over. And my verdict? I love it. Absolutely love it! It's the best thing ever, and it's making my life a whole lot easier by giving me access to all my blogs in one place. It's so great, I'm convinced to delete all my email subscriptions! More about it in my Spotlight feature.

No comments :

Post a Comment