Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison

Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
Confessions of Georgia Nicholson #1
Published by HarperTeen; June 24, 1999
Paperback, 247 pages
Borrowed from library

There are six things very wrong with my life:

1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.

2. It is on my nose

3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.

4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.

5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.

6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.

- Description from Goodreads.com



Before I begin, I would just like to sincerely apologize for the lame-ass blurb from Goodreads. I can't find my copy and I'm too lazy to move. Argh. 

This is actually a REREAD review. The first time I read this book was in sixth grade and to be honest, it was MUCH better then than it is now. MUCH. Georgia is stupid and annoying and I want to punch her. She complains too much and why Robbie? He's eighteen, waaaaay too old for her and I do not get how Robbie could have fallen in love with her or whatever. Three quarters of the time he was upset with her. When did that change? 

Reading this book seemed like a chore or a duty rather than something I wanted and chose to do. But that certainly could have stemmed from the fact that I had read it before. Even so, I think I'd have rather just left it where I stopped. I'm definitely curious as to what happens at the end but there are ten books. Ten. So I'm probably just going to end up searching the books online. 

On the plus side, it is hilarious as Louise is. There were many LOL moments. *Update* OHMIGOD, so hilarious. Haha, read the quotes on Goodreads. Read them. On the minus side, Georgia is a snobby character. 

Good for a mindless rainy day spent on a train, bad for a breezy sunny day spent on a swing on your porch.

2 comments :

  1. I'm sorry it felt like a chore to read this :( I can totally appreciate honesty, however, and don't think I'll be picking these up anytime soon. Which is a TOTAL shame, because I have the first four. I am so bad at buying all the books in a series before even reading one. Fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, I don't think I'll be finishing this series. Thanks for commenting, and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete