Friday, December 7, 2012

Sugar and Spice by Lauren Conrad


Sugar and Spice by Lauren Conrad
L.A. Candy #3
Published by HarperCollins; April 5, 2011
Paperback, 288 pages
Borrowed from library

In the final book of the hit series L.A. Candy, Jane Roberts is a bona fide celebrity - she's got the VIP treatment, couture clothes, and starlet looks. She also has the tabloid scandals, fake friends, and relentless paparazzi. Having learned a few things from her first season on the air, Jane is trying to surround herself with the people who  she knows love her for her...and take a break from boys - since they've been nothing but trouble. But when her high school sweetheart Caleb and her unrequited L.A. crush Braden show up, both looking cuter and acting sweeter than ever, Jane has a hard time remembering her no-boys rule...

Just when everything feels out of control, Jane makes a shocking discovery. And what she finds changes everyone's definition of "reality" forever.

In her deliciously entertaining novel, television star Lauren Conrad pulls the curtain back on young Hollywood and shows that sometimes the real drama is behind the scenes.

- Description from Goodreads.com






This was the last instalment of the L.A. Candy series and I am very proud of myself for finishing it! Really, I'd never thought I would! 

Sugar and Spice was just as fun and quick to read as the other books but one thing that set it apart and really made it SHINE was the reality of reality shows told smartly with a whole entire sub-plot dedicated to Trevor! I mean, the whole story focuses on a reality show so it's only fair that we get to know some of the dirty, little secrets we probably already assumed were true but now get to make sure were correct. This part was very interesting and I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it the most!

I also liked the fact that Caleb, Jane's ex came back and the evil Sophia/Sophie who I can't tell you is who since that would ruin the whole story, was also introduced. It provided much more drama and though at times, the book felt very, very busy due to the new characters and the new drama they stirred up, it kept me hooked. 

One thing, though, I hated the bad Jesse!!!! No no no no no no!!!! That's not the way its supposed to work. Grrrrrrrrrr...

Overall, though, not bad! The series may not be the most well-written or the most anything else but I highly recommend it if you want to learn a bit about the reality of reality shows. After all, it is written by Lauren Conrad whom I assume would be an expert on such things.

:)



Check out my reviews for the other books:

L.A. Candy 
Sweet Little Lies

No comments :

Post a Comment