Friday, October 12, 2012

Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti


Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti
Published by Viking Juvenile; May 4, 2010
Hardcover, 268 pages
Borrowed from library

Best friends Lani and Erin couldn't be more different. Lani's reserved and thoughtful; Rein's bubbly and outgoing. Lani likes to do her own thing; Erin prefers an entourage. There's no possible way they could be interested in the same guy.

So when Erin starts dating Jason, Lani can't believe she feels such a deep connection with him--and it may be mutual. The more Lani fights it, the more certain she feels that it's her fate to be with Jason. But what do you do when the love of your life is the one person you can't have?


- Description from Goodreads.com



This was the first book I read by Susanne Colasanti and to be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be good. I mean, I had heard When It Happens was amazing but this one didn't get too much hype (or at least not any that made it to me) so I wasn't expecting to be blown away. And I wasn't.

It was a nice story and I enjoyed reading it and finding out how Lani and Jason managed to end up together. I loved the part where Lani explains her relationship with Erin, how it feels like they're bonded for life because of what they went through. I liked the purple couch at the ice cream parlour and how it made its way onto the cover. You know, the book overall was good. It just didn't blow me away.

While reading, I constantly thought about how seriously unlikely it was for Jason and Lani too have SOOOO much in common! I mean, it was just so impossible in my mind that it felt more like a fantasy. Like a "Whoa! Magic!!!" type book. And I think that's a good thing...when we're talking about fantasy and not a contemporary. 

However, I did still thoroughly enjoy this book which was like a pocketful of sunshine for me! It's so sweet and perfect and I suggest it for a rainy day...or your Dewey read-a-thon which BTW takes place tomorrow!!!

Love, Annie

No comments :

Post a Comment