Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Top Ten Bookish People I Want to Meet


WARNING: Chances are this will probably a veeeery long list but I'll try to keep it as short as possible. If that's even possible...


1.  David Levithan

Do I even have to explain? Read one of his books and then get back to me.


2. Sarah Dessen

OK, I'm not even halfway through my first Sarah Dessen (The Truth About Forever) and I already want to meet her. Who wants to bet on whether or not I'll read her other books?


3. J.K. Rowlling

Well, being a serious Potterhead I think this goes without saying. Hopefully by meeting her, some of her writing talent will rub off.


4. Chris Colfer

Kurt is one of my favorite characters on Glee and meeting him would be a DREAM. And since he has written two books, he definitely belongs on this list.


5. Nicholas Sparks

 One of my secret wishes is to be able to experience a love such as those in all of Nicholas Sparks' novels. That has yet to happen but maybe in the meantime, I'll be able to meet him and persuade him to write a novel specially for me? It's an idea...


6. Stephenie Meyer

To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of Twilight but I would love to have a chat with Stephenie on whether she's Team Edward or Team Jacob (Team Jacob all the way!!!!).


7. Morgan Matson

Morgan crafted one of my favorite YA novels and I would love to meet her.


8. Jenny Han

I loved Shug which is the only Jenny I've ever read. She just sounds so nice and amazing and funny. And speaking of Jenny Han, I would also love to meet her BFF, Siobhan Vivian whose book, Not That Kind of Girl, I loved.


10. Sophie Kinsella

Have I ever told you how awesome Brits are? Here's an example. Never fails to amaze me with her amazingly ridiculous yet lovable-very lovable-novels.


11. Rick Riordan

I enjoyed Percy Jackson very much and I would like to meet him and give him my opinion on his books which (coincidentally?) all seem to have the same premise.


12. Suzanne Collins

Love The Hunger Games and I love her. Thanks for making post-apocalyptic dystopia (one of my favorite genres) popular!!!


13. Ann Brashares

Even though I was so upset at her for making that sad thing happen in the fifth book (if you've read, you'll know), I would still love to meet her. Her books are amazing and I will not stop reading them over and over until a new book from her comes out.


14. John Green

If you want to make me cry and laugh at the same time, all you need to do is hand me The Fault in Our Stars. One book is the only thing needed to make me do the most unlikely thing to do when reading books in the history of all unlikely things to do when reading books. And might I say, that that's a pretty good achievement? I still have yet to read his other books but he's so great that I can be sure that I will love them.


15. Pseudonymous Bosch

Just to find out who he is really. Not knowing bugs me.



So there's my uber long list. Until next time, ciao!


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the gals over at The Broke and the Bookish.


3 comments :

  1. I really NEED to meet Rick Riordan. Seriously. I forgot to put Sophia Kinsella on my list. She's wonderful. Great list! Here are my picks http://wp.me/pzUn5-1cD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! Rowling & Collins would be high on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I love Rick and I agree wholly that Sophie is wonderful. And I would do anything, ANYTHING to get a chance to meet J.K. and Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete