Friday, September 7, 2012

Naomi & Ely's No-Kiss List by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Naomi & Ely's No-Kiss List by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Published by Knopf Books for Young Readers; August 28, 2007
Hardcover, 230 pages
Borrowed from library



Naomi and Ely are best friends. Naomi loves and is in love with Ely, and Ely loves Naomi, but prefers to be in love with boys. So they create their "No Kiss List" of people neither of them is allowed to kiss. And this works fine - until Bruce.

Bruce is Naomi's boyfriend, so there's no reason to put him on the List. But Ely kissed Bruce even though he is boring. The result: a rift of universal proportions and the potential end of "Naomi and Ely: the institution." Can these best friends come back together again?


- Description from Goodreads.com




Well, there's one book on my Fall TBR list! Nine more to go!

I liked this book. It had a very interesting premise and I enjoyed following Naomi and Ely as they explored their friendship.

The set-up was very unique. I loved how it featured so many different characters, each telling a little bit of the story. It was a great idea but there were some points I just felt it wasn't necessary to introduce a new character and some points where I felt there were just too many. My head started swimming with different names and it became hard to keep track of who's who.

I did feel a bit bored at times but it was always short-lived for there was always, ALWAYS another laugh-out-loud line waiting for me.

I loved this book so much and I do recommend it. You might feel it has too much going on at some points or at times, you might feel a bit bored but in the end, I'm sure you'd love this book as much as I did. Maybe even more.

Love, Annie

No comments :

Post a Comment